Ok, so I see some people coming up with lists of 13 things on Thursday. I like lists so I thought I’d jump on this bandwagon. I know, I know. I gotta stop getting on the bandwagon, but it’s just so much fun! I wouldn’t have this blog if I didn’t! This may not happen every week as it’s really hard to come up with 13 things, but when I do, look out! lol
Anyway, I thought today I’d write a list of 13 good things that have happend recently that have made me happy or smile or that I’m excited about in the coming future. In no particular order…
- Bug is feeling better after his little bout of a tummy bug. He ate 2 helpings of Tuna Mac Wiggle for lunch and he’s been drinking more, too. That alone makes mommy happy.
- Bug cracked me up while he was eating his lunch. He was sucking air through the elbow noodle and I just couldn’t help but laugh, which he found really funny and was laughing, too. He’s so silly.
- I was blessed enough to see Celtic Woman perform live here in Albany. If you don’t know their music, it’s beautiful, soulful and many are upbeat Irish tunes. You should really give it a try. I’m looking forward to getting their newest album. And, to top it all off, the tickets were free! Darling Hubby got them through work (one of the few perks) and my guest and I split parking so the whole concert only cost us $5!! Gotta love when that happens!
- Tonight is my “game night.” We are supposed to be playing our role playing game, Rothnoran, but our game master is out of town so the rest of us are getting together to play some board games and eat. I love getting together with friends for a good time and good food! And yes, I am a geek, I’m married to a geek and Bug is destined to be a geek. All is good!
- My birthday is next Friday. I turn 27. I think Darling Hubby got me a gift certificate for a spa. I’m not sure, but I’m sure I’ll enjoy anything just because he thought of it. But a little pampering wouldn’t be a bad thing.
- Oh, I saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3 in the theater on Sunday. I really enjoyed it. I’d heard bad reviews of it and went in not expecting much. Overall, it was a funny movie. A little dark and some things didn’t tie up well, but what can I say, I enjoy just watching Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom up on the big screen! Yummy!
- While I was at the mall waiting for my movie show time, I bought myself a new pair of sneakers. The last pair I bought while I was pregnant with Bug and they were starting to show a little wear and tear. I also bought myself a new book and the Pirates 3 soundtrack.
- I’m going to see my family this Sunday. We are going down for Father’s Day. I haven’t seen my parents since Easter. I’m just thinking about 3 years ago that day when I gave my dad a package that contained a little yellow bib that said “My Grandparents Love Me” to announce that I was pregnant with Bug. Sorry, no surprises this time around.
- Oh, the sun is shining, the weather is warm and I got to sleep in this morning. Darling Hubby shut his alarm off and fell back to sleep for another hour and Bug didn’t wake up until 7:30.
- Nookie. ‘Nuf said! lol
- I’ve had nearly 2 hours of “mommy time” while Bug and Heather are napping. Fingers crossed that Heather will stay asleep for at least a while longer. She gets cranky when she wakes up too soon…it’s not pretty. I love my “mommy time.” It gives me time to play on the computer and not have to cater to anyone by myself. I can also watch my soaps in peace.
- Oh, my nephew and his girlfriend found out that the baby they are expecting is a boy!!! Yeah for boys! She is due on October 26th (moved up from my dad’s birthday on November 3rd.) I’m so excited for them!
- And last but not least, I’m looking forward to having the entire week off (25th – 29th). It will be a week for just me and Bug to hang out and play. I’ll miss Heather, but the break would be nice.
Ok, so there you go. My first Thursday Thirteen. I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it.