Yesterday afternoon, Darling Hubby, Bug and I went to a local church to help my friend Stacie and her mom sort donated items for their annual garage sale. They were trying to set up and had hardly any help. Plus, it was great to see Stacie again. I hadn’t seen her since January or something like that. It’s been a long time.
Bug was a very good boy. I was so proud of him. He played in the back of the room where all the kids toys were and didn’t have any fits, except when we were getting ready to leave. He didn’t want to sit in his carseat.
Darling Hubby and I attempted to organize the books while Stacie attempted to sort through all the clothes. They had so many books and clothing items it was hard to organize everything well. We kept saying to just put it out on the table and let people rummage through. Some people call them Rummage Sales, so it makes perfect sense. We were there for about 2 hours and we managed to get a slight dent in the books and Stacie made good progress sorting out all the yucky and nasty clothes that people donated.
Oh, and because we helped out, we got to fill a box with as much stuff as we could get in it for a low price. I managed to cram all of the following into a box:
- 15 books (both hardcover and paperback) – Mostly Nora Roberts books
- A handful of boardbooks and kids books for Bug
- A Craftsman toy handsaw
- A Little Tykes hardhat
- A Little People train with a giraffe, lion, train driver and a random firefighter
- A wooden puzzle
- A new Classic Pooh baby calendar (I’ll save that for when the time comes or use it for a baby gift if any of my friends get pregnant)
- A Pooh and Friends mug (great size for a big steamy cup of hot chocolate)
- A canvas bag for groceries (I’m up to 4 now! yahoo!)
- A silicone spatula
- 2 pairs of overalls, a pair of heavy insulated jeans (good for playing in the snow in winter), an Old Navy sweatshirt, and a t-shirt all for Bug
- And best of all, I got a brand new pair of winter boots. They had never been worn and were still in the original box. They were almost $100 boots (I checked online).
The total for all this good stuff… $3. What a bargain! I want to send a big THANK YOU out to Stacie and her mom for letting Darling Hubby and I come in to give them a hand (and for the great deal). It was great to see you again Stacie. We need to keep in touch more. I hate it when life gets in the way of the things we really want to do. Good luck this weekend with the actual sale! I hope it goes well and you make lots of money for the church.