So the past couple weeks with everyone being sick in my house and me wanting to not catch pink eye, I found myself being very superstitious. Every time I would think about possibly jinxing myself about catching pink eye, I would literally have to knock on or touch wood (no, not that wood… lol) It made me think about other superstitions. I came to realize that I’m really not the superstitious kind. Here is a list of 13 things I’m not superstious about…And, just for the record, according to Darling Hubby, “it weren’t for bad luck, he wouldn’t have any luck at all.”
- I’m not worried about black cats and if they cross my path. I used to own a black cat named Skittles (for some reason everyone else called him Domino) who lived at Darling Hubby’s dad’s house back when I was still in high school. I was never scared if he crossed my path.
- I don’t panic and toss salt over my shoulder if some should spill. I can also take the salt shaker from someones hand if they pass it to me at the table….unlike my mom…
- I don’t have a fear of graveyards at night or on Halloween night. Many girl scout Halloween parties have been held in graveyards at night.
- I’m also not superstitious about calling up good ol’ Bloody Mary in church bathrooms with my fellow girl scouts.
- I have no problems walking under open ladders. If I were, I would never be able to walk up the stairs in my sister-in-laws house. They have an open step ladder balanced above the stairs.
- The only thing I fear from broken mirrors is a nasty cut.
- I can step on a crack and not feel like I’m going to cause my mother serious bodily harm…although, I think it may be a little OCD on my part that I prefer to step over the cracks, but in reality, I’m not scared to do it.
- I don’t have a problem with the number 13. I wouldn’t mind sleeping on the 13th floor or in a room with the number 13 on the door.
- I wasn’t worried about Darling Hubby seeing me on our wedding day before the wedding. In all honesty, we got dressed in the same room and then hung out in the lobby of the establishment waiting for the ceremony…it’s not like we had any other choice.
- I’m frugal so if I see a penny, I pick it up…whether it is heads up or heads down.
- I’ve opened umbrellas in doors.
- I used to own a purple rabbits foot…but I never noticed if it gave me good luck. I just think it was unlucky for the poor rabbit.
- Unlike my parents, I do not own a horseshoe. Nor do I have it nailed to a door to catch good luck.
There you have it. A list of 13 things I’m not superstitious about. For more Thursday Thirteens go here.
Oh, and I think I made it through the whole pink eye scare pink eye free. Bug finished his drops on Sunday and Darling Hubby finished his last night. I think I’m in the clear…but just to be safe…knock on wood…