So I managed to finish the red knit scarf for my mom. Yeah! I decided to only make it 55 inches rather than 60 because I figured my mom wouldn’t care if it was longer. I think it’s about the right length anyway. Plus, I wanted to see if I had enough yarn left over to make a matching crochet hat…alas, I didn’t. Darling Hubby will be picking some up for me on his way home since he drives right by the Wal-mart and we need dog food, anyway.
I decided I’ll just knit the same style scarf for the cream colored one using straight size 8’s rather than try to use a circular needle in the round, which I don’t think would pan out. It will be quicker and I’m on a time crunch with Christmas coming round the bend.
- Red Knit scarf Finished 11/19/08
- Cream Knit scarf (started tonight)
- Crocheted hat – red (Started 11/19/08 – ran out of yarn)
- Crocheted hat – cream
- Grandpa’s Blanket (mostly done – few more rows and fringe)
- Convertible Flap Mittens (not started, but these won’t take long)
- Deer Stalker Hat for my Dad (this is mostly done, but I hit a snag point and I’m having trouble moving on.
- Darling Hubby’s sweater (I don’t necessarily have to finish this, but it would be nice)
Off to cast on the cream knit scarf and watch Ghost Hunters.