I made it a whole month! I’m actually very proud of myself. This was my very first time doing NaBloPoMo and I’m actually glad I did. I didn’t always have much worth reading, just memories of my day to day life, but if felt good to sit down at the end of the day and write.
Other than blogging, I was pretty productive recently. Today Darling Hubby and I made a ton of pumpkin puree to freeze. Over all, from 3 pumpkins, we got 21 cups of pumpkin. I’ve used 8 cups to make 2 pies and 2 batches of muffins and froze 12 cups. I set aside one cup to try to make some chocolate chip pumpkin bread at some point. On top of all that, I made another batch of kaiser rolls using pizza dough and another batch of dough for dinner and Darling Hubby and I made a test batch of truffles. That was an experiment since Darling Hubby bought unsweetened chocolate rather than semi-sweet. We added some sugar and vanilla and some semi sweet chocolate chips and things turned out pretty good. I’ll eat them! lol
I also got the cream colored hat finished. I’m very happy with it. One more thing down…not too much more to go…whew!
- Red Knit scarf (Finished 11/19/08)
- Cream Knit scarf (started 11/19, finished 11/28)
- Crocheted hat – red (Started 11/19/08 – ran out of yarn – finished 11/20)
- Crocheted hat – cream (Started 11/29, finished 11/30)
- Grandpa’s Blanket (mostly done – few more rows and fringe)
- Convertible Flap Mittens (not started, but these won’t take long)
- Deer Stalker Hat for my Dad (this is mostly done, but I hit a snag point and I’m having trouble moving on. I may find an alternate hat pattern to work up quickly.
- Darling Hubby’s sweater (I don’t necessarily have to finish this, but it would be nice)